Monterey Peninsula College and the Monterey-Salinas Transit (MST) have partnered to provide FREE FARE Zone bus service for MPC students for both the Monterey and Marina Campuses 7 days a week!
How does it work?
Any current MPC student with an MPC Student ID card will be able to ride the bus one way, for free, when boarding at one of the nine stops on and near Monterey and Marina campuses.
- Students will be required to present their student ID card to the MST Coach Operator when boarding the bus
- Students needing to transfer to another bus to complete their one-way trips to their final destination will be issued a free ticket valid for one "Free Transfer" to another MST bus. The Free Transfer will be valid for 2 hours after issuance by the Coach Operator
- Students needing a "Free Transfer" must request it from the Coach Operator when boarding the bus - the transfers are non-transferable.
Where are MPC Free Fare Zone Bus Stops?
On and Near the Monterey Campus
- MPC Quad (by the flagpole)
- Via Lavandera and Costanoan (2 stops)
- Via Lavandera and Fishnet (2 stops)
- Fremont and Aguajito (2 stops)
Near the Marina Campus
- Imjin and 3rd Avenue (2 stops)
Free Fare Zone Bus Lines, Maps and Schedules
2 bus lines currently serve MPC's Free Fare Zone program, the Jazz A and Bus 18. Routes and schedules are shown below. Additional information about routes can be found on MST's website. Specific schedule information can also be accessed easily on your mobile phone via text, phone call, MST App or your mobile phone map application - real more about MST's RealTime solutions at: https://mst.org/riders-guide/realtime/