The minimum qualifications for faculty and administrative positions are approved by the Board of Governors of the California Community Colleges system. To review these standards please see the most current Handbook for Minimum Qualifications for Faculty and Administrators in California Community Colleges.
If applicants do not meet the minimum qualifications, but have qualifications that may be equivalent, they can apply for equivalency with Monterey Peninsula College (MPC). Equivalency can be demonstrated through coursework, discipline-related work experience and/or eminence (or a combination thereof.)
Minimum qualifications for faculty fall into two categories:
- Disciplines requiring a Master's Degree
- Disciplines where a Master's Degree is Not Generally Available
The first step in applying for equivalency is determining which category is applicable for the position. Specific details on minimum qualifications for a position will be found in the job description. Applicants who do not meet minimum qualifications may submit an application for equivalency.
The application cover sheet and guidelines that are used at MPC for determining equivalency in each of the categories are found below.
- Equivalency Application for Disciplines which generally require a Master's Degree
- Equivalency Application for Disciplines in which a Master's Degree is generally not expected or available
Additional forms may be required as part of the application. These forms can be found below.
- Equivalency to Minimum Qualifications Request Form (Form C)
- Equivalency to Minimum Qualifications (Form E: Documentation of Eminence)
It is the applicants' responsibility to provide evidence that their educational/work experience is equivalent to the minimum qualifications. Completed equivalency applications must be uploaded to the employment application.