Effective with the October 24, 2018 governing board meeting, agendas, meeting materials,
and minutes for governing board meetings can be accessed through BoardDocs.
(Click image to access)
Governing Board Members
The Governing Board consists of five members elected for four-year terms by the residents of the five trustee areas created by the Monterey County Board of Education on August 11, 2008. Election by trustee area was implemented in November 2009 for Trustee Areas One and Two, and effective in November 2011 for Trustee Areas Three, Four, and Five. Students are represented by the student trustee who is selected annually as part of the ASMPC elections.
|Ms. Yuri Anderson
Dr. Loren Steck
|Area 5||Nov. 2020|
|Ms. Marilynn Dunn Gustafson
|Ms. Rosalyn Green||Trustee (appointed Aug 2019)
|Mr. Rick Johnson
||Area 3||Nov. 2020|
|Mr. Robert Mountain
||Student Trustee 2019-2020
Governing Board Goals for 2020
(Adopted December 11, 2019)
Through its governance role including responsibility for establishing policy, and in consultation with the Superintendent/President, the Board of Trustees will:
- Student Access, Success, and Completion
- Ensure MPC achieves its Vision for Success goals by developing board policies that support the District to eliminate achievement gaps among underserved student groups.
- Engage in policy development that facilitates increase diversity among MPC’s faculty and staff to reflect the District’s diverse community.
- Enhance community access through continuing education.
- Adopt the plan for the Marina Education Center to achieve center status.
- Institutional Quality
- Adopt a 5-year Educational Master Plan designed to meet the needs of the District’s shifted demographics.
- Engage the full board in a collaborative process that leads to employment of a permanent CEO within 18-months.
- Board Effectiveness
- Participate in trustee development activities to increase leadership competencies to engage in equity-based policy development.
- Develop and implement a goal accountability plan to ensure Board Goals remain relevant throughout the entire academic year and that progress is being made toward their achievement.
- Ensure that student voices are heard in all decision-making processes.
- Fiscal Stewardship
- Maintain fiscal stability.
- Lay the groundwork for a possible ballot measure in 2020.
- Support policies that increase college-wide efficiency to ensure fiscal sustainability.
Board Meeting Information
*As of December 11, 2019, the Board approved the following 2020 Meeting Schedule and meeting times.
The Governing Board holds business meetings once a month on the fourth Wednesday, unless otherwise noted. Workshops and additional meetings are scheduled as needed. Meetings are open to the public.
Closed Session: 2:00 p.m.
Open Session: 4:00 p.m.
Regular meetings begin at 4:00 p.m. and are held at the Monterey Campus unless indicated otherwise:
- Monterey Campus, Library Technology Center, Sam Karas Room, 980 Fremont Street; Monterey
- Marina Education Center, 289 12th Street, Marina;
- MPC Public Safety Training Center, 2642 Colonel Durham Road, Seaside.
2020 Regular Meeting Schedule:
Dates in BOLD deviate from typical meeting schedule/location
- January 29, 2020
- February 26, 2020
- March, 25, 2020 - meeting will be held at the Marina Education Center
- April 22, 2020
- May 27, 2020
- June 24, 2020
- July 22, 2020
- August 26, 2020
- September 23, 2020
- October 28, 2020 - meeting will be held at the MPC Public Safety Training Center
- November 18, 2020 - due to Thanksgiving holiday this meeting will be held on the 3rd Wednesday.
- December 16, 2020 - this meeting needs to occur before the second Friday of the month.
(per AB 2440, must be held between December 11 - 25, 15 day period from the 2nd Friday of December - new trustee(s) commence)