Effective with the October 24, 2018 governing board meeting, agendas, meeting materials,
and minutes for governing board meetings can be accessed through BoardDocs.
(Click image to access)
Governing Board Members
The Governing Board consists of five members elected for four-year terms by the residents of the five trustee areas created by the Monterey County Board of Education on August 11, 2008. Election by trustee area was implemented in November 2009 for Trustee Areas One and Two, and effective in November 2011 for Trustee Areas Three, Four, and Five. Students are represented by the student trustee who is selected annually as part of the ASMPC elections.
|Ms. Marilynn Dunn Gustafson
Dr. Loren Steck
|Ms. Yuri Anderson
|Mr. Rick Johnson
|Ms. Natalia Molina
|Ms. Ellise Kittrell
Governing Board Goals for 2018 (Adopted December 20, 2017)
- Encourage an open and respectful culture at MPC in partnership with the Superintendent/President.
- Actively participate in and support actions taken by the college to maintain fiscal stability and increase efficiency.
- Ensure the college policies are updated, comprehensive, and implemented.
- Respond to ACCJC Accreditation recommendations and support the completion of MPC's Actionable Improvement Plans and Quality Focus Action Projects.
- Regularly schedule presentations with follow-up discussion opportunities on College programs and issues at Trustee meetings or study sessions.
- Engage in legislative advocacy activities to support the college and community college systems.
- Be open and accessible to community and campus constituents.
Board Meeting Information
*As of December 12, 2018, the Board approved the following 2019 Meeting Schedule and meeting times.
The Governing Board holds business meetings once a month on the fourth Wednesday, unless otherwise noted. Workshops and additional meetings are scheduled as needed.
Regular meetings begin at 4:00PM and are held at the Monterey Campus unless indicated otherwise:
- Monterey Campus, Library Technology Center, Sam Karas Room, 980 Fremont Street; Monterey
- Marina Education Center, 289 12th Street, Marina;
- MPC Public Safety Training Center, 2642 Colonel Durham Road, Seaside. Meetings are open to the public.
2019 Regular Meeting Schedule:
- February 6, 2019
- February 27, 2019
- March, 27, 2019 - meeting will be held at the Marina Education Center
- April 24, 2019
- May 22, 2019
- June 26, 2019
- July 24, 2019
- August 28, 2019
- September 25, 2019
- October 23, 2019 - meeting will be held at the MPC Public Safety Training Center
- November 20, 2019 - due to Thanksgiving holiday this meeting will be held on the 3rd Wednesday.
- December 11, 2019 - this meeting needs to occur before the second Friday of the month.
- 2:00 pm., Closed Session
- 4:00 p.m., Regular Meeting