Interested in earning college credits while gaining valuable work experience?
Cooperative Work Experience (COOP) might be for you. Earn transferable college credits in any degree/certificate program while gaining valuable work experience through Cooperative Education.
All Cooperative Work Experience courses are offered every semester. You will not find them listed in the semester class schedules. Your COOP course will be designed specifically for your needs regarding dates and credit hours with the assistance of a COOP coordinator.
Some MPC programs with COOP options include: Automotive Technology, Accounting, Business, Fashion, Hospitality, Human Services, and Horticulture. A complete list of COOP course options can be found in the catalog.
Schedule an appointment through the MPC Calendar during office hours. Choose from:
One of the coordinators is looking forward to helping you put your degree to work, your resume will thank you for it.
Students and Employers. Want to stay informed? Ready to get started?
MPC offers the following two programs: COOP 91 and COOP 92
COOP 91: Occupational Cooperative Work Experience (1-4 units)
This is a planned, supervised work experience program for students working in a job related to their declared major or career goal. This course may be taken for a total of 16 units.
COOP 92: Cooperative Work Experience (1-3 units)
This is a planned, supervised work experience program for students working in a job not directly related to their declared college major or career goal. This course may be taken for a total of 6 units. These units may be applied to an associate degree at MPC and are transferable as electives to California State Universities.
Is an internship is right for you?
- Your internship could provide you valuable industry insight.
- Your internship could strengthen your resume.
- Your internship could turn into full-time employment.
- Your internship could give you the confidence you can only obtain on the job.
Start building your professional network.
- Just upload your résumé (or build it online) and reach employers seeking interns or employees.
- Build your career portfolio to quickly showcase your achievements and credentials online.
- Perfect your career skills through useful career advice documents, articles, and podcasts.
These and many other job resources are available to you for free when you register!
Let your internship launch your career.